
We had such a fun 4th of July. It is my favorite time of the year.
I took Thurs. off to get the house ready & food prepared for the 4th.
Sherry and Johnny showed up around 12:45 and then we got ready for the parade.
T saw Mr. L on one of his trips to the grocery and asked it was ok if we sat in his yard again this year. He said we could bring down our chairs and stake our area, so T drove them over there ahead of time.
The Swans showed up and we all walked down to Main St. We took the shortcut, too.
We weren't under their big trees this year. We usually are right by their driveway in the shade. It was cloudy enough that it wasn't bad. It really was perfect weather, not humid and not too hot. The kids got so much candy, they got picky and didn't get everything. I like Sherry's rule with L, "Don't pickup what you won't eat"
Lindsey was ready for the parade to start. They were so excited.

Strayers showed up after the parade started, but they found us.
Our local grocery store, Stracks, passed out these popsicles.
Then a bit later someone else was passing out these awesome blowpops!
Baby David's first 4th of July parade
He fell asleep and was calm as can be even when this float went by with a loud band playing. Too funny, huh?
Break from playing to have a cupcake
Then we moved to the front yard to play bean bags, which I think everyone got to play at least once. We set up ladder ball, but just the kids played it a little.

T is happy with his cool drink holders... It got comical how he was so excited over them.
Kids heard a bunch of fireworks and ran out to front. They thought it was the big display at the fairgrounds. If you notice it is not yet dark. It was just our neighbors quite pricy display of fireworks.
It got a little cool that night and we needed sweatshirts. So odd for 4th of July!

Found these 2 sitting inside watching ICarly.
Then sparkler time. Ethan looks amazed by it. I think this was the first year he really held one and wasn't scared. Well, until he held it by his feet and a piece fell on his foot! He cried and it T helped him.

Ethan and Lindsey with their sparklers

We had such a nice & fun time with our friends. I was surprised it went by so fast!
Trent was excited to use his bean bag game he made from scratch. I helped with the paint pattern. He knew I would want them to be red, white & blue.
He had an idea for drink holders to use when playing bean bags. You don't have to bend down to pick up your drink from the ground at our house. Oh no! I must say I am proud of him with the construction of these holders. He made them totally out of scrap wood, too!

They are pretty cool & they don't tip over in the grass! Great job, Trenty!
No comments:
Post a Comment