Friday, October 24, 2008

Presidential Election according to Ethan

I was curious if Ethan understood anything about the election or at least recognized Obama or McCain.
I played the video clip of Obama below and asked him if he knew who he was.
He said he had seen him on tv.
Ethan: "Yes, it is him and another contestant." (wow, too much reality competition shows)
Ethan: "The one that wins has to leave the country."
Me: (laughing) "No, the one that wins will LEAD the country."

I just asked him again and this time he said the one that loses has to leave the country.
Ethan is on fall break, Thurs & Friday off. I decided to take Friday off.

I got my hair cut today. 7 inches off! I needed an update or sorts. It hasn't been the short in sooo long. Ethan was so cute waiting for me to come inside to see my new hairdo. He immediately said he liked it. Aww, what a charmer.

We just ran out the grocery store and I forgot to grab the dvd to return it to the redbox. Had to make a 2nd trip out in the pouring rain this time to return the dvd. I found a redbox code to get a free dvd. I wanted to get Sex in the City, but it wasn't in so I got Baby Mama. Waiting until E goes to bed so I can watch it.
T has possibly his last football game left tonight. I just checked score online and doesn't look good. They are losing 35 -0 at halftime. I love the nwitimes shows live score updates now. No more searching for it possibly on the radio. I didn't make it to any games this year, but not surprising. E went to 2 with T's parents.

I am so loving T's new laptop he got through work. He brings it home with him so I get to use it late at night. He usually gets on it in mornings. We told E he couldn't use it at all. That lasted maybe a day. He will ask to use it by saying "Can I have laptop practice?" He actually did catch on to the finger pad mouse thingie. What is that called?

E got his interium reports last month. He got all good checks, but she wrote at the bottom, "needs to practice skipping" Was surprised by that, sort of. We asked him to skip for us, and it was pure comedy. Wow, our kid doesn't know how to skip. Do you know how to teach someone how to skip? Not the easiest thing to teach, at all.
Well, good news is that he finally got it. About 2 weeks ago, he just says, "Mommy, watch me skip" And he did it perfectly! I asked him who helped with it and he said he just watched and caught on to it. Now he will skip right along, no problem.

I still need to put up my pumpkin lights on our porch, need T to help out with that.

1 comment:

Fifi Flowers said...

My kids are having a big election at their school the day of the election... it will be interesting to see the results.