Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween & Amanda's birthday post

Halloween night was so nice here. Unseasonally nice, like 70 degrees! I was worried about having to layer Ethan up in his costume.


My sister watched him that day, since he didn't have school. She took all 3 kids to our parents for the first round of pics. So I picked him up from my parent's house.

This year we have Ethan as a hotdog, Amanda as Gabriella (from HSM) and Matthew as Superman.



We went next door to Mrs. MacDonald, she wanted to see all the kids dressed up.


I was able to get everything outside lit up before anyone showed up for candy.

T got home by 5:30 so he took over passing out duty.
Here they are with the pumpkins they carved. T did the mummy one. T drew on the design, but Ethan carved the face out.
.
This one neighbor has made up a special little goodie bag for him.
Ethan didn't really want to go to too many houses thoughbag for him. So neat & cute!


Another neighbor-two houses away is the secretary at his school. She goes all out decorating her porch and always dresses up. This year she was a colorful hippie.



And our next door neighbor went low key this year. For years they had a major show, spooky sounds & strobes & scary stuff, but they stopped doing that 3 yrs ago.
I took E over to T's parents around 6:45 and he got a bucket full over there! Plus a whole box of Capri-Suns they didn't pass out. They pass out cans of pop & juice boxes to the little ones.





Cousins were coming over to our house around 7:30, so we got back to our house in time.


I got them all these neato funny faces that were like ring pop suckers. Great photo op, huh?
I think Amanda thought she was too old for it, I'm not ready for that yet!
Here is me with Sally at work, earlier that day. First time using my timer on my camera & I got it to work! I had to get a pic of our similar Halloween shirts, well that they were both long sleeved black tees. Oh, and we both had on cute Halloween socks!
She is so great to work with & I hope she never leaves me!

On Saturday was Amanda's birthday party.

We had pizza & breadsticks-yum!

She is now 8 years old. I can remember holding her for the first time on Halloween 2000 in her little orange Halloween booties I got her.


She asked for this cupcake maker. (and now it is on sale at Target, crap!)
Her aunt made this huge cake, it is like 12 in across! It was good, but my sister had already made a yummy choc with choc frosting cake. So yes, I had both!

On Sunday we are going to Purdue and meeting up with my friend, Sherry! Can't wait to see and walk around campus.

No comments: