Friday, December 17, 2010

Ready for the Holidays & Trent’s Cup party

I love decorating up the house for Christmas.

 DSC02284 DSC02289

We had a little snow storm on Sunday night that closed school on Monday. Ethan’s class party was planned for Thursday and I chose to donate candy for the party. I then decided to make up treat bags and wouldn’t you know that I couldn’t find any treat bags on Wed. night.

I just made up some on my own using ziploc baggies and printed up little tags to put inside. They made E happy to see his name on them.

DSC02235

on Tuesday T got a chance to see the Stanley Cup! He almost wasn’t able to find a substitute for that evening’s events, but he did.

DSC02161

He got to meet Denis Sevard, former coach of the Blackhawks… DSC02173

DSC02184Get his picture with the CupDSC02167

picture with the Cup chaperone guy…

DSC02188    

Kiss the Stanley Cup!

  DSC02206DSC02196

Take an upclose pic of Dennis’ ring…DSC02183

then even wear his ring!DSC02210DSC02202

His buddy Dave was the one invited to the Comcast party and he could bring 3 friends.

DSC02194

other buddy Sean…

DSC02214He saw this guy and asked to take a pic with him, he said, “my wife doesn’t know anything about this hockey stuff, but she knows furniture and commercials!”

  DSC02222

it is the Walter E Smithe brother - Tim

I am now realizing that this was a BIG deal, like once in a lifetime to just be in the same room with the Stanley Cup.

No comments: