Interesting end of the week.
There was a fire at the theatre, during a show! First time such a thing has happened. I wasn't there.
Everyone was evacuated, no one injured.
Red curtains only thing that was burned, audio equipment was ruined from the sprinklers.
Fire empties Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville - WGN
When I went to work Thursday morning, I hardly noticed any smoke smell! Then I got up to my floor and could really smell it. There was even smoky smell in my office. Surprising, when you went to exec offices, which is above/behind the stage you couldn't smell anything in there!
Then we had a big weekend of shows - Friday, Sat and Sunday! The stage had water damage and soot all over it, curtain needed to be changed and some seats had some white markings from the fire extinguishers. AmeriClean came in and spent all of Thursday and Friday cleaning the whole theatre. ON Friday I noticed that the smell was gone and just smelled like cleaner. The theatre looks so clean now! The stage was sparkling.
Honestly, the fire wasn't that big of a story to make in on Chicago news, but it did. The sprinklers did their job, our security and staff did their job and responded quickly.
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment