Friday, September 02, 2011

Shipshewana girls trip

The girls in my fam planned an outing to Shipshewana. When I say girls in my immediate family – it is not counting my grandma. I have a small family.

I took off Friday, Aug. 26 so we were going to leave that morning. My mom wasn’t feeling good so it was delayed a little. We took a trip there 2 years ago and decided to stay in the same hotel.

It is fun to count the buggies we saw on the way in. I drove part of the way, due to mom still not feeling well.

 IMG_0815

ate at the Blue Gate both days IMG_0816 IMG_0817 IMG_0818 IMG_0819 IMG_0820 IMG_0821 IMG_0822

isn’t that meringue pie amazing looking?! I’m not a fan of the taste of meringue, but it is quite impressive IMG_0823

and I HAVE to get a whoopie pie! Well, I got a pumpkin and a chocolate ones.

IMG_0824

Mom and Aunt Carol IMG_0825 IMG_0827

cousins… IMG_0828 IMG_0831 thanksdinner

my great Thanksgiving style dinner from Sat. lunchIMG_0832

shopping… IMG_0833

loved this frame with little boxes… think Trent could make me oneframe

love the Indian in the candy store indian kitchensign

I was searching for a homemade throw rug, but didn’t find one in my price range. IMG_0834

I ended up buying more things than I wanted. I bought this awesome vintage sign that was made for mevintage sign

I got a cute little purple purse

Embellish Your Story picture frame and the seasonal magnets,embellish

IMG_0835

We saw more buggies on this trip. Isn’t it neat to see them just tied up outside a store?  IMG_0837 

Picture 062

Nice time with all the ladies and fun to get out and do some shopping.

No comments: