Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve at T's parents

We went to Trent's parents house for a Christmas party on Christmas Eve around 3:30.
We had our appetizer meal. I brought potato skins, taco dip and chips, and my cookies.

Everything was so nice and we had to put up another table for everything.

Meredith and Derrik with Ethan in the vest they got for him.

We drew names this year. I had Meredith - got her towels from Restoration Hardware. Dale drew me and got me a Kohls gift card.

Of course, I had to make a photo calendar for T's mom. She wanted me to make one for Dale this year, so I made a duplicate one for him. It is always her favorite.

We did the Yankee Christmas/Grab bag thing there this year. A $10 gift. It didn't really turn out right. Maybe it was because only 7 people were there. I ended up with one of the gifts we brought as did Trent. And poor Meredith got stuck with what she brought, but just kept it. I thought it would be fun and silly, like on my side. But it doesn't seem to work with a smaller amount of people maybe. I won't be suggesting it next year. Trent was the one that actually suggested it for this year.

Ethan got such neat things. He had asked Santa for Rhino Rampage and I had told Derrik that would be a good game to get for him.

When he opened it up he said, "OH no, I'm going to get 2 of these."

We were like, why do you think that?

He said, "I told Santa that I wanted Rhino Rampage and he is bringing me one tomorrow."

That kid, so funny. For some reason he really believes that everything he asks for he gets...that won't last forever.
I love that Trent and his brother played the game with him, it was a highlight.




It was still icy out that night. It was scary walking up and down their driveway. We parked in the street on purpose. We always bring Ashton with us to their house and he slipped big time walking down their driveway.


Cheryl always gets our dog a gift and honestly gets so much enjoyment out of watching him sniff it to death and try to open it up.


It was a nice family get together. We are so blessed.Came home around 8:30 and finished up wrapping the rest of the presents and was in bed by 1am, not bad for me.

No comments: