Friday, June 26, 2009

We have been married for 10 years!

We celebrated 10 yrs on June 19. But not much fanfare due to T being away at convention. We decided not to do go on an extravagant trip. I was happy doing something as a family in Chicago.

metwcloser onbridge We decided to go to the Museum of Science and Industry on Monday following Father’s Day. So it was a nice outing for a combo Anniv, Father’s Day, and Trent’s birthday. I knew he would love to see the Harry Potter exhibit there. He has read all the books and seen all the movies and even owns all the dvds. I have just seen the first movie with him.

June09 070 June09 071  June09 125June09 126 We couldn’t take any pics in the Harry Potter exhibit, which was a major bummer! They had a ton of costumes and props from the movies. They had wands and beds from the dorms. Occasionally they would have a flat screen playing a scene. The dining hall was my fav, complete with the huge doors and the floating candles.

The museum has changed alot since we had been there. I think the last time I was there I was a senior in hs! T said he had not been there since 6th grade! They still have some exhibits I remember like the old time main street and the big pendulum, and the whispering gallery.

MainStreet…June09 056ed

I think E thought the whispering gallery was really neatJune09 120

 June09 053

model city & model railroadJune09 059

Hatchery…nothing hatched when we were there.

June09 064June09 061 June09 062 Ethan was happy to push any button or grab any phone or play on any computer, of course! I remember that from when I was little. It is fun to push a button or wow, listen to a phone!

June09 087 June09 068 June09 074

June09 113

Ethan had the most fun checking out Idea Factory…perfect for his age June09 076 June09 077 June09 078 June09 079 June09 080 June09 083

June09 086

 June09 089 June09 093 June09 097 June09 102

June09 088edEven had an arcade in the Toy section…so of course he had to try our snowboarding.June09 104 June09 105

Awesome shadow, these butterflies were flying and then would land on your shadowJune09 111 June09 112

below Ethan’s face is projected on the that mannequinJune09 066  June09 109ed

the sub exhibit that has been there for years was cool looking through the periscope and seeing the cars on the street. Not sure if E really got it, but it was nice to have one down low for him to look in.June09 116

the big submarine, but we didn’t tour itJune09 117 June09 121June09 118  

Fun day! Plus we had a coupon for a free admission!

No comments: