We went down to Purdue on Sat 11/14 to hang out with my friend Sherry and her husby. I had planned on going to have a mini-reunion with some of my sorority sisters. Well, the one from Texas came up and just 3 others. They were tailgating before and after the game, (which we lost to Michigan State). We didn’t get out to the bars until 4pm. I texted M, but she had already left the bars.
We went to Harry’s first for the must-have Long Island..
T got Bud Light and they were in awesome Black & Gold-Purdue colors!
It was pretty crowded in there, as normal, and we were standing upstairs. We decided that we needed to get something to eat so we headed to Jake’s. So happy to find a booth as ppl were leaving, too! We ended up hanging out there until 10pm! So fun! But felt kind of old.
Sherry went to University Spirit and even got me a birthday present…
We went back to hotel and changed then came back out to go dancing. Well, Sherry and I wanted to go dancing.
all the young kids dancing…the dance floor is way in the back right now.
Oh, and I knew the dj that night from my college days! He didn’t dj back when I knew him, but he is still there.
My best Purdue/sorority bud, Sherry & me
Then around 1am the guys really wanted to go something to eat at…
Triple X!! Love that T finally got to go there and experience it late night! There was a lot of Guy Fieri pics in there from when he taped a Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives there.
I got the Triple X breakfast special and it was so yummy
We stayed the night at The Union. Check out the cute little Purdue soaps and toiletries…
We wondered when this cool windmill farm went up. We haven’t driven down I65 south in over a year, I guess.
Fun trip to Purdue to relive our college days and I had a super fun birthday this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment