Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 09

This year we stayed home for Thanksgiving. No trip down to see my grandparents this year, just like last year.

We went to my parent’s house first at 1pm. I brought corn casserole. The Conards came for Thanksgiving again this year.

 IMG_8906 IMG_8907  IMG_8915

Matt made everyone a paper turkey and wrote their name on them, so they were a cute place card. He even made some for our dogs!IMG_8916 IMG_8917

My mom had to make up a kiddie table for the grandkids, which was a first for her. They really enjoyed eating together away from the adult table! I was happy that E ate a good amount.IMG_8918 IMG_8920 IMG_8914ed

IMG_8922IMG_8927 

My mom telling her wishbone story of her youth. IMG_8923

Breaking of the wishbone…the boys had one side and Amanda had the other side. The boys got the bigger end.IMG_8926

Then at 4pm we went to Trent’s parents house. Just his brother was able to come this year. I brought corn casserole and green bean casserole – I cooked them at my parents house prior. I made pumpkin bites, too. First time making them, they were pumpkin and cream cheese in mini pies. I think I was the only one that liked them.

We all ate upstairs in the kitchen this year. Such yummy food.

   IMG_8929IMG_8930

Ethan made a cute Pilgrim outfit in school and just had to wear on Thanksgiving, of course. Really, I did not prod him at all!IMG_8904IMG_8905 

I had Friday after Thanks off, I always take that day off. It was so nice to have a 4 day weekend, much needed! I had the yummy Thanksgiving leftovers for 4 more meals, and I don’t care I love it! T didn’t want any, so Ethan and I enjoyed it all. Well, E basically had mini turkey and ham sandwiches.

Look at this yummy goodness…Trent’s mom always gives us tons of leftovers.IMG_8937

Ready for Christmas now!!  When will it snow already??

No comments: