My work friends have been planning a dinner out for almost 2 months. We wanted to go out to The Lighthouse in CL. I had never been as most of the the girls. We wanted to go on Winey Wednesday, which is half off bottles of wine. Sally said we had to go on that day, what a deal! Well, Wed. is my busy day at work. Not every week, but lately we have had a lot of ads with last minute revisions. So the dinner had to be postponed when we would be at work until at least 6pm.
We finally got to go on Wed. Just 5 of us met up, K couldn’t get a sitter. We got a Riesling and I really liked it, good suggestion to Sally – the wine expert. I am not a wine drinker, just beer or fruity cocktails at times. I got the sirloin and it was so good, along with steamed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes. I had enough leftover to have the next night for dinner and split it with the kid, too!
It was really crowded in the restaurant but we had reservations. It was super loud, really hard to hear conversations. We had fun hanging out.
They have a nice back patio area with boat docks, but just for drinks. It was getting chilly and I didn’t have a coat so I didn’t hang out there too long.
There was a funny sign along the dock area that read “Please hold your applause until after the sun sets.” I guess it must be some sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment