My cousin planned a get together at Shipshewana. I had never been there.
I rode with my mom and sister and met up with my cousin and aunt on Friday night.
I was so surprised at seeing so many amish buggies on the road into the town. We passed and met 15 buggies. Neat to see so many farms that were amish families.
We stayed at the Farmstead, which is the closest inn to all the shops. We had 2 connecting rooms. We met up on Friday night.
We ate dinner on Friday at Blue Gate, which is pretty much the sit down place you eat there.
All of us at dinner…I had chicken & noodles everyone else got the fried chicken.
My mother commented on these orange flowers so I wanted a pic of her with her sister.
My aunt and momI knew to expect cutesy shops and we really shopped.
Most of the shops were closed after we had dinner on Friday. We went back to the hotel and visited and played Farkle that Ellen brought. I was the only one that knew how to play.
My mom thought is was odd that my sister and I brought our laptops. I stay up late and knew I would really miss it. My sister even brought an extra one for cousin Ellen! Mom thought it was so funny that she had to take a pic of all of us silently on our laptops in the hotel. Hey, it was free wi-fi, gotta use it!
Sat. morning we got early, pretty early for me at least! We had the nice comp. breakfast at the hotel, then off to SHOP, Shop, shop!
My mom is jealous of the pic that I got of amish buggy with them in background by shops.
I love a neat display and I love Halloween decor! Is this not eye candy?
My mom and I in the bldg with a bunch of shops, I’m sure it has a name but I don’t recall it now. The bldg was built around that tall tree.
Then we had late lunch again at the Blue Gate
Noticed the adorable crayon sets for the kids at the restuarant in little buggies-so cute!
at doll store we noticed look-a-like dolls to our kids! Amanda’s doll…
little Matthew’s doll really looked like in a profile…
my Ethan as a doll…he even had those gray eyes as a baby
Ellen and her mom left before us on Sat. and we had not gone in all the shops yet. The best shop was the very last one, my sister and I bought stuff in there. It was more our style and not so country. We even made the store owners take our pic in The Apple Tree.
I got some yummy baked goods at the bakery there, too! These yummy whoopie pies in chocolate and pumpkin.
I thought this tree against the building was so cool how they trimmed it so flat.
and the pic my mom made me take…amish at the gas station. They were just in the minimart.
I got Ethan this cute little chocolate butterfly at the candy store there.
Fun weekend hanging with the girls in my fam! We are thinking of making it an annual thing now, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment